Wednesday 2 November 2016

Cringe Worthy Karaoke

Image result for real life or is this just fantasy
Have you ever had one of those moments where you misheard a lyric and it forever changed the song for you. Of course you have. Anyone who has listened to rambling 80's Ballads, hard core shouty Rock or even manic Rap, will have suffered from an aural misfire. Well confession time: I've just suffered from a grenade launcher of a deeply inappropriate aural explosion. 

Okay here goes. I was minding my own business, well I was singing along (very badly!) with the radio, while baking cupcakes (massive batches obviously). When a karaoke classic came on the Carpenters Close To You. I'm tunelessly blaring out the lyrics when it all clicks into place...

The first sentence that always gets stuck in your head; 
"Why do birds suddenly appear
Every time you are near?"

Yup I instantly thought of Thrush. My sickly disturbed mind linked a yeast infection with an deeply emotional love song. This wouldn't be so bad but I chose to sing out loud; 

"Why does Thrush suddenly appear
Every time you are near? 
Just like me, they long to buy

Proud of me yet? It gets better...

My mother and my better half (The Controller) chose that minute to walk into the kitchen.

Well on that cringeworthy moment, I'll leave you with some better ones!

No comments:

Post a Comment