Sunday 4 May 2014

Bzzagent Scholl Express Pedi Review

This campaign is for Scholl Velvet Smooth Express Pedi and it involves the Pedi Express device its self, 5x pass along vouchers for £10 off, and three bottles of 30ml Velvet Smooth Intense Serum.

Founded in 1907 Scholl have long been campaigners for better foot health through their range of products. The Express Pedi is an excellent example of their ability to combine practicality with user friendly design.

My cracked heels have been hidden away in proper shoes for years now ( a combination of laziness and Scottish weather), and I honestly wasn't sure that the Scholl Express Pedi could do much to change that. My old regime was lax, but spending hours sanding and moisturising was always a bit off putting, especially when feet are so easily hidden.

Once I got the hang of turning it on (that twisty silver band confused my inner blonde for about 10 minutes!), I found the sound to be very high pitched and whiny. Not particularly loud, but definitely enough to make your other half enquire what you where doing with a buzzing sounding thing in the bathroom (He actually though I was playing with the Dremel!?).

The buffer gets quickly covered in skin particles, but it does also create a mini dust storm. So if your lucky enough to still be flexible, don't be close enough to breathe it in.
Initially the difference in my scoured feet wasn't particularly visible, but the rough areas felt much smoother to the touch.
The Velvet Serum was very runny and a touch sticky, but it went on smoothly and dried in quickly without any sticky residue. 
Despite the healthy list of exotic sounding chemicals added to the potion, I still wasn't a believer in the magical properties foretold on the packaging.

By the next day my feet felt incredibly soft, though it took another week of use before they looked pretty enough to bare (at least as pretty as feet can look!).

I didn't have high hopes for this product at all. The whole concept of a battery powered sander seemed a little over the top, when beauty and even DIY shops will sell sandpaper covered tools for the same purpose. I would also have preferred a mains powered or rechargeable version, but after a fortnight the 4 AA batteries are still going strong, so I'm willing to give it a pass. The price is always a deal breaker for me and at an average price of £30 this isn't a product I would have initially bought.

After testing it out I've had a change of heart, this is one of the best beauty buys you could make this year. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it to every woman that wants lovely feet but is too lazy or busy to get a pedicure or DIY one herself!

Scholl Express Pedi
Scholl Express Pedi refills
Scholl Velvet Smooth Serum



I'm a BzzAgent  (BzzAgent Den  BzzAgent Denise) and love the benefits of testing new products for free and being the first to find out about new gadgets and gimmicks. Try it your self at BzzAgent UK HQ.

No comments:

Post a Comment