Saturday 24 January 2015

Nicoccino Nicotine Experience


A sample of five films of Nicoccino arrived in a over large luxury burgundy envelope, inside was a classy booklet reminiscent of old match books. Despite the booklet being the mere holder of the 5 samples, I was more impressed at the hologram on the outside. (The most realistic ones I've ever seen, think along the lines of the Chocolate Frog Cards in Harry Potter.) 

The individual samples have a tear off strip along the top, and then a wrestling action to get to the film inside. I have found that to tear it down the side is the quickest way into the pack, which is hardly discreet or handy. Following the rest of the simplistic instructions, you put it under you lip on your gum and wait.




It does stick firmly to your gum, which is a decidedly weird feeling not helped by the fact that your tongue feels the need to explore it constantly. The reason behind it is to allow almost instant transfer of nicotine, the slimy residue comes from the water soluble seaweed extract used. 


The lock jaw sensation on impact of the absorption is evident, those who have tried the gum before will understand the feeling, though the instructions also warn of a slight burning feeling.


The flavour of the lemon and mint is evident after the initial burst of nicotine and remains constant. It isn't as sharp as I feared and more refreshing than bitter, which mask the transfer of nicotine.



The prices aren't too excessive when you consider what you would have paid for a single ciggy in High school, even compared to cigarette prices these days they are remarkable reasonable for such a new piece of kit.


Nicoccino contains 1 mg of pure nicotine, similar to one regular strength cigarette - but it contains no tobacco, no tar and has no smell. Designed to allow usage in areas that have banned cigarettes and vaping devices. Nicoccino was 10 years in development in Sweden, and is manufactured to the pharmaceutical conditions in the US and Europe (So more regulations than the various 'vaping' devices offer as security).


The full ingredients make for a deceptively short list: Sodium Alginate, Glycerol, Sorbitol (partly dehydrated), Water, Tartaric Acid, Sodium Hydroxide, Nicotine, Natural Peppermint Oil, Natural Lemon Oil, Titanium Dioxide.


I am *whispers the dirty secret* a smoker, no excuses; I'm not a social ('only when drinking') smoker, or even a couple of times a day smoker. I am those few perilous steps from becoming a 'Dot Cotton' chain smoker. I find it relaxing and enjoyable, it de-stresses me and even gives me those few moments peace from wanting to wrangle my lovely cherubs' necks. Smoking was originally on prescription from the doctor for all of these reasons, and I can honestly say I think there might be something in that logic.
I am fully aware of the all the health risks preached to me by all and sundry, I also know as a smoker I deserve all the condemnation from well meaning strangers and those I know who have turned away from the ash (What happened to it being a free country?). 

I could see my self happily using Nicoccino films again; public transport, work, those meaningful school assemblies that never seem to end. Though I doubt that they will set me on the path of righteous non smoker.

Nicoccino

4 comments:

  1. Tried out nicoccino today, i only snuff or vape and i must say i really quite like it, no burn under lip just a nice warm tingly feeling. Been cutting them in half so far which has been fine. So 2 packs last me a day that works out to £23 a month which is pretty cheap even compared to vaping as theres not equipment repairs etc. Overall i would rate this a 9/10, i would give it a 10/10 if there was more choice in flavours like snuffing and vaping. Nicoccino will order some more for sure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, in addition there's the knowledge that its been tested to higher standards than the 'vaping' scene has endured.

      Delete
  2. I don't find these affective at all and only last a few moments.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A few people have suggested that it might be better to have different strengths, giving their track record of making improvements based on customer comments, it might be something to watch for in the future.

      Delete