Monday 28 April 2014

Bzzagent Nestlé Toffee Crisp Cereal Review

This campaign is for Toffee Crisp Cereal and it involves a 330g box of cereal with 11 servings (recommended portions), 10x pass along vouchers for 50p off, a pack of post-it notes and a logo'd pen.
 

Nestlé have been working their magic again, hot on the heels of the Lion cereal is a reinvention of the classic bar dating all the way back to 1963. 



Re-marketed for modern day demands, it contains a healthy 8 vitamins and minerals including Vitamin D. The green banner on the front also shouts that it contains wholegrain, the small print adding that it contains 27g of whole grains per 100g.






Because the cereal is flavoured, rather than coated with real chocolate and toffee, it only contains 187 kcals per 30g serving. 

With the lack of gimmicky animals adorning the box art it should be fairly obvious that this is aimed at adults (though try telling that to a child who spots a chocolate breakfast). 


I for one am extremely glad of new offerings, generally the cereal aimed at adults is full of healthy goodness. I can't be the only one bored of adverts spouting a jumble of numbers designed to slim, tone and beautify us. Don't get me started on tasteless sawdust saturated with nuts and fruits, not every adult requires a healthy, refreshing start to the day!


I found the cereal its self to be pretty tasty, with a solid crunch that held up impressively with milk. The shape crispy wave bit tasted clearly of toffee crisp with the little sprinkles of caramel flavoured puffed 'whole grains' adding to the depth of the flavour. 

As a personal choice, I preferred the cereal without milk. A bowlful for a snack while watching a film (or any other occasion where I found myself in the same room as the vulnerable box.
 As you can tell, grown up is something that has yet to affect my life. This cereal appealed to me in a way that made me want to spend Saturday mornings watching cartoons with a massive bowl like a 10 year old. Now my children know its done, they shouldn't need to go looking for any other hidden boxes!

I'm a BzzAgent  (BzzAgent Den  BzzAgent Denise) and love the benefits of testing new products for free and being the first to find out about new gadgets and gimmicks.

No comments:

Post a Comment