Sunday 18 December 2016

My Trusty Little Sunflower Cream Review



First developed over twenty years ago by Salisbury District Hospital My Trusty was originally a moisturising cream for patients recovering from burns and plastic surgery, but works fantastically for dry skin conditions. I was send a bottle to test for 3 weeks and I must say I was very impressed with the simple packaging design. 


 The My Trusty® sunflower cream formally launched in 2013, followed swiftly by a lavender scented version to give the cream a modern twist for a broader audience. My Trusty® body butter was launched in 2014 and the cocoa and shea butter contents led it to win a silver award in the best new body care category at the Pure Beauty Awards in November 2014.


The pump top to my bottle caused a few hiccups, not ideal for handbag carrying, so in the future I would definitely buy a flip top version for that purpose. The unscented version does smell quite cloying and similar to a nappy cream, but that fades quickly so I never found it to be a problem. The product is quite thick but vanishes into the skin quicker than anything I've used before and has instant results. I use it quite frequently, but I've found that I need to use it less often as it builds up a barrier to the water. 


 I live in Scotland and the toll of our delightful weather and constant hand washing in my work leaves me hand dried out and frankly a mess. I have tried many brands over the years but so far My Trusty has actually helped my hands become soft and smooth again.

You can purchase direct from the website My Trusty, or local stockists as listed here

No comments:

Post a Comment