Monday 20 April 2020

Clairol Nice'n' Easy Review


I know its been a while guys, and I completely abandoned this blog, very valid reasons (in case your interested). 
Now I'm back and planning on sticking around. So here goes.
This campaign is from the lovely people at The Insiders and features  Clairol Nice'n Easy 9b

Image result for the insiders logo
I've been dying my hair at irregular intervals for a while now so I jumped on the chance to try the new and improved formula out. I received 9B Light Beige Blonde and going by the colour chart on the back I wasn't too hopeful of any real difference.

 Worst case my hair would do its normal thing and send me an interesting shade of red but maybe it would even out the lighter tips of my hair from a previous bleaching 6 months ago. 

After I had done the obligatory 48 hour patch test, the set up of the product was all self explanatory with clearly labelled bottles and tubes and easy to follow instructions. 




The dye had good coverage with very little of the traditional toxic aromas and there was plenty for my mid-length hair. I chose to leave the dye on for the full 25 minutes as I was drastically changing my hair colour. I rinsed until the water ran clear. 

Fairly standard there, the conditioner was easy to apply and definitely recovered the softness in my hair. I also appreciate that hair dye companies are including enough conditioner for a few weeks of use.



Definitely not a shade of red or ginger, and not the most dramatic change, but noticeably lighter than before. It looks more sun lightened and seems to be filled with natural looking highlights. 

OnE tiny little issue which could be deemed a deal breaker for most people; they grey coverage. Its right there on the box "100% grey coverage ". Unfortunately it would appear that not a one of my pensioner hairs were covered, and don't they just corkscrew merrily from the very top of my head !

At between £5 and £7 it isn't the most expensive hair dye, and my hair looks soft and a lovely shade but I'm not sure if I would go out of my way to buy it again. I was disappointed that the greys weren't covered, its almost the main point of hair dye in natural shades and it didn't live up to the claims.



I'm a  campaigner for the Insiders and love the benefits of testing new products for free and being the first to find out about new gadgets and gimmicks.

No comments:

Post a Comment