Sunday 4 June 2017

House Hold Chores Burn Calories ~ Ideal for Women!

As stated on the Good Housekeeping website house work can have practical benefits for the modern day women. Shame they felt the need to start the article with a 1950's style image of a woman and young girl doing housework. Sexism excels again! Why do women need to combine their apparent two main goals in life!

Readers digest also brags about the calories housework can burn, though they have the grace to keep their images either all female or neutral. Is it just that time of the year? Or are our womb carrying brethren inbuilt with the knowledge that we must do our utmost to achieve our required beach body whilst not neglecting our 'real duties'.



Either way I did find the concept interesting (mainly because it appeared proof that the gym was a waste of time!) and I'm sure it would be helpful for many people. So I had a little look into it, and found more than enough to convince me.



Well, at least enough to convince me that my lackadaisical approach to exercise had actually been right all along. Why have the expense of a gym fee, or slog about in silly clothes. I could just stay at home and still cover the calorie expense of my chocolate habit!

Besides; even setting foot in a gym makes me feel fat, surrounded by all the regular Lycra clad gym bunnies, who all have the same gleeful pained smile plastered on their faces.

No thanks! Give me a cup of tea and a sharing bar of Aero any day.. I'll just mop the kitchen first!

No comments:

Post a Comment