Sunday 9 July 2017

Bzzagent Philadelphia Flip & Dip Review




Philadelphia Flip & Dip

I've been trying the Philadelphia Flip & Dip range from Philadelphia as part of my latest Bzz campaign. I'm a sucker for most food based product testing and breaking out the 'philly' is no exception.


Philadelphia Flip & Dip was apparently available at selected Asda stores in the dip section and from the 12th of June the cheese aisle in Tesco. However it took a while for them to reach out backwater area in Scotland ( a real pain if you don't drive!)


Included in my Bzz pack was three coupons for a free Flip &Dip (One for each flavour) and three vouchers for 50% off to pass along which were quickly nabbed by family. 


When my kit came in and my usual audience appeared... seriously I think they're in cahoots with the postman! Obviously we chatted about the Philadelphia flavour range, with each pre-selecting our favourite flavours. Mexican Salsa seemed the least favourite, but Sweet Chilli definitely stole the lead. We all agreed that they would be ideal for BBQ'S or picnics, or pretty much any day of the week!


We got there in the end and lots of lovely helpers turned up at mine armed with bread sticks, Pringles, Doritos; one weirdo (Whom I am now distancing myself from) even turned up with pre-cut dipping vegetables! 


The mousse texture of the Philadelphia was a bit 'hit and miss' with half my testers being being unimpressed, and personally I would have preferred it more solid. 


Th
e flavours were very impressive, even if they looked a bit dark and 'ominous'. It actually turned out that the favourite flavour was caramelised onion, though the sweet chilli seemed to vanish as quickly. The Mexican Salsa was a bit too 'punchy' and 'burny' for a few. But they decided to man-up and grab a voucher anyway!


Also the being unsuitable for vegetarians seemed a little strange with it being cheese based and covered in vegetables? 





No comments:

Post a Comment