Thursday 3 December 2020

Insiders Felix Treats Review


My latest Insiders from the lovely people at Purina, a range of Felix treats for all you wonderful cat owners out there. Like most cat owners I have amassed more than one cat, (I'm still not quite how that happened!) and I think that these erratic members of our family deserve the best.

Image result for the insiders logo
The Purina brand was created in 1904, and is the amalgamation of three different brands; Purina Spillers and Friskies. With the first ever dog biscuits being produced in 1856 by Spiller & Co in Cardiff. 
In the bundle from the Insiders I received 7 full packets of treats in 6 flavours, 3 winners cards (to showcase favourite flavours), a Peek and Play box and a tiny little sample bag to allow sharing the treats. 



As you can likely imagine the introduction of a box in this household is always cause for a celebration, and this time was no exception. My cats are incredibly nosey, the two black boys are only 2 years old and the tabby is approximately 9 now. They are obviously ecstatic to be product testers!



The Peek & Play box was simply the packaging with perforations to make holes, however I did find the usefulness of this depended on the cat in question. My older tabby had zero interest in actually working for her treats, secure in the knowledge that she will be treated like a queen regardless! 

One of the boys definitely had a little difficulty grasping the concept, prefering to try and bulldoze his way in, and getting firmly stuck in the process (and yes, I laughed heartily!). The other boy managed much better, using his paw to hook the treats out.
                                   
The winners cards with my cats favourite flavours, not that they were too fussy with which they were scoffing! 
Also a close up of the size of the biscuits. The two young boys loved the play tubes the best and enjoyed chasing them when I rolled them. 



The older cat struggled to bite through them as they were quite tough to encourage play, but not so great on old teeth. She preferred the Crispies which are air whipped and have a lighter crispier texture. The goody bags were universally adored by all three.





Insiders also requested if we could share any photographs of our happy cats enjoying the treats, unfortunately my cats don't enjoy a camera in their faces when they're munching!

As you can tell by the second image! A certain Sir wasn't to happy with me crawling around him, this was snapped seconds before his displeasure was made known.


Felix treats will buy cat happiness, something I completely appreciate. However store them out of sight, my bulldozer of a cat ate his way into and destroyed a whole pack before I could get him.
Now they come running to the rattle of the packet (which also sounds like a packet of giant buttons! I found that out the hard way) and any zip which sounds like the opening of the lunch bag I hid them in!


#FelixTreats_Insiders #TheInsidersUK                                                                                                                                                      

No comments:

Post a Comment