Thursday 17 March 2022

The Crafty Raven ~ Dragons in Lanark

Anyone who knows me in the real world should be fully aware that I can't pass up a competition. So when this popped up on my Facebook I couldn't help but do a double take. A wonderful local crafter, The Crafty Raven, who makes the most stunning and intricate jewellery, I had to enter! Imagine my surprise when I actually won!


I've always loved dragons, (Every girl has a teenage fantasy character; Mermaids, vampires, werewolves, dragons, aliens!) I blame Anne McCaffery for starting it all. 

This piece of art didn't disappoint, the detail is amazing. Its a versatile addition to any jewellery box, guaranteed to be a conversation starter and a statement piece.



The Crafty Raven does a fantastic representation of these wonderful creatures and not only the wire work and beading, she even designs and paints each eye to be completely unique. 

Each piece can be made into a brooch, pendant or hair clasp on request, and recently even magnets.



I absolutely adore the clay magnet, in delicate shades of blush pink, and the sparkle from that eye is wonderful. 

The blue beaded bracelet is wonderfully tinkly, and beyond anything I could ever achieve. The black wire bracelet with the white stones is my absolute favourite, what doesn't go with white, and again I have no idea how she does it! 



No comments:

Post a Comment