Monday 29 July 2013

Skechers Bikers Hot Ticket Shoe Review

Alas with joys of gainful employment comes the search for suitable apparel, and none more essential than the material with which we clothe our feet. Some may read this and think otherwise but those would be the people who can afford to be fashionable in the workplace. In a job that involves constantly putting my 'slender' weight on my long suffering hooves, it becomes an essential trial for comfort. Gone are the days of vainly trotting my illogical heels and comely courts to and from a desk.

This is my third attempt at foot wear; court shoes and hiking trainer were both a mistake in their own blister inducing ways. I apparently required some thing breathable, flexible and comfortable; which also looked reasonable attractive and was black. I took on-board the advice of people and searched my way to Skecher's door and settled on their 'Bikers Hot Ticket Shoes' . Slip on shoes with a minimal 1/4 inch heel and masses of happy reviews.




Whilst they are available in a variety of colours, the work environment and practical issues of white, dictated that black would be the obvious choice. Retailing from £30-£50 depending on colour and shop, I picked mine up for an average price of £40. Yes I was massively disappointed that my shopping prowess didn't find them cheaper, so if you do, let me know (this could easily be a repeat purchase).
The box improved my hopes with the key words 'cushioning' and 'comfort', and the QR Code thingy was a nice touch (really need to get one of those new-fangled internet phones!).
The bungee cord lace strap enhances the slip on styling and the overlapping side stripes give the visual appearance of holding the shoes together with laces. The back isn't as high as standard trainers and sits comfortably on the heel.

The Sketchers logo is scattered across the shoes liberally in a reflective silver. It appears on the neoprene tongue, the back, the bottom the outside and even inside. They claim that the in sole is luxuriously cushioned, mid sole is shock absorbing and it has a flexible rubber outer sole to aid traction. The insole and mid sole feels and looks thin and the ventilation holes feel a little strange for a while, but they are actually pretty comfy. The outer sole would be good for traction on gravel or rocks, but trying to walk on wet tiles or laminate is a different story.
Imagine Bambi on ice for the first time... now add in a more panicked/ confused impression...and someone old enough to start worrying about her future hip operations... and finish with some very impressive cursing. Yup that's about as bad as it can get, or would you prefer an actual video of me?

I have now been on my feet in these for 20 hours (Not all in the same day!) and found them comfortable and structurally sound. Despite my usual forgotten attempt at breaking them in, there has been no chafing or blisters. It is also worth noting that I have been the smug recipient of several compliments on my new attire (they either hated the other one's or loved these, its hard to tell!).


Barring the 'mopped floor' dance moves, which are honestly more skillful than me, these are practical and look snazzy. There is also likely to be an additional purchase of these in impractical white, they would look lovely with a Summer outfit.
What more can you look for in a work shoe, asides from durability which I can assure you I will update you on. Oh yes and a logical name, really Biker Hot Ticket? No bicyclist or motor biker is likely to see these and think 'My gosh they're perfect for the bike!'. Perhaps I'm not cool enough but the 'Hot Ticket' also goes over my head. I have checked the box thoroughly for a ticket (hot or cold) to anything, but to no avail!

No comments:

Post a Comment