Tuesday 14 May 2013

Sketching The Time Away

There's something to be said for the time before the internet and public sharing of our inner selves, fewer people were exposed to our failures and hopes. Though I have found as time passes, even the poorer of my artistic attempts shows a glimmer of talent in one area or another.


















Both of these are images of real people, and though I may have to squint to work out who, I  feel happy with them. More time was spent on the clothing in both of them, and I think the end result is effective. Textures for me have always been a pest, shading-wise, but I was content with the out come.






These two were far from success's, and just look wrong to me. I'm happy with the skin tone in the first but the second just went haywire, and it looks nothing like the doll that it was modelled on.

                
These were, I'm ashamed to say, an attempt to see if I could use lazily use hair to hide the face. I did get completely distracted by the hair colouring, and my own hair colour changed soon afterwards. So there is a slight silver lining.


This has to be one of my favourites, done on request, whilst still on the phone in less than 5 minutes. I was very pleased with the outcome, but any further attempts to redraw and improve on it fell flat. This was as good as it was getting. 
The community of DeviantArt Furry artists had nothing to fear from my awesome skills.


No comments:

Post a Comment