Monday 29 February 2016

Bzzagent L'Oreal Casting Creme Gloss Review




I've been dying my hair at irregular intervals for a while now so I jumped on the chance to try this brand out. I chose number 535 Chocolate in the hope that it would even out the lighter tips of my hair from a previous bleaching 6 months ago.


The set up of the product was all self explanatory with clearly labelled bottles and easy to follow instructions. The dye had good coverage and there was plenty for my mid-length hair. After the short 20 minutes I massaging the dye in with a little water and rinsed until the water ran clear. Fairly standard there, although at this time of year my hair does decide to cast a lot so I had to stop a couple of times to empty the plug hole (no one want a brown stained bath!).

I loved that the box said 50% more conditioner and I was intrigued with the inclusion of Royal Jelly, very luxurious. I found that it wasn't as good as previous dye conditioners I have used and left my hair feeling quite straw-like. Massively disappointing as that is perhaps the best part of using a hair dye for me, the 'can't keep your hands off softness' hair is a definite selling point. I also found the dye colour highlighted a lot of natural red tones in my hair, making it look more mahogany rather than chocolate.
At between £5 and £7 it isn't the most expensive hair dye, but I'm not sure if I would go out of my way to buy it again. I felt the quality of the plastic bottles detracted from the application as they were quite robust and hard to squeeze the product out of. The colour isn't as advertised and the texture leaves a lot to be desired.


I'm a BzzAgent  (BzzAgent Den  BzzAgent Denise) and love the benefits of testing new products for free and being the first to find out about new gadgets and gimmicks.

No comments:

Post a Comment