Tuesday 8 March 2016

The Orchard Flower Review ~ Mothers Day 2016

I was the lucky recipient of vouchers from Tesco's word of mouth campaign website The Orchard, which arrived just before Mother's Day. Perfect timing. 

I promptly toddled down to Tesco to peruse the massive seasonal selection. From overflowing bundles with sparkly sticks, teddy bears and hearts down to simple bunches of Daffodils; they had the lot. A slight shame that the range is only vast at female related holidays but that's a personal viewpoint.



I chose a traditional bunch of girly coloured Roses, mainly because they're a safe bet, but I also couldn't find any particularly scented bunches. I'm a bit old fashioned, believing that flowers should smell nice and not just be pretty.

 Needless to say on the big day I had the delight of bragging to my siblings about the large bunch at a reduced price (Looking like the favourite child is a tough cross to bear, but I have to endure.). Unfortunately my siblings robbed me of my hand out vouchers, on the plus side my mother will benefit so on this most sacred of days, its all for the greater good.

On a side note despite this campaign and the advertising in every shop and every television channel my own children did not bequeath me a single floral tribute!
A few tips and tricks
Order any of the bouquets from Tesco direct and you’ll get free guaranteed next day delivery, even on weekends
All Tesco direct bouquets are hand tied and designed by our expert florists. Each comes in a glass vase with a personalised message
The freshness guarantee means your flowers stay lovely for over a week
By cutting 2cm off the ends at an angle, your flowers will drink up water easier. Also by removing any leaves that sit below the water line, your water will stay cleaner and help the flowers last longer.
It’s best to keep tulip stems wrapped when you trim them, then place in cold water for an hour before removing the wrap and arranging – this ensures the stems don’t go floppy. Tulips don’t need flower food.
Take care when handling roses with thorns, and please be aware that some flowers and foliage can irritate your skin.

No comments:

Post a Comment