Tuesday 14 February 2017

How to Engage on Social Media ~ Awesome Author

Now for a little bit of back ground my eldest daughter has been fangirling over Cathy Cassidy; since we received information on her books in 2013 (initial blog), so just a little while. I admit to encouraging following of authors, musicians and artists online as I believe it's a great way to meet like minded people and keep up to date with new books and developing works. I know everyone leads such busy lives thats why I am always impressed when a role model takes the time to give something back to their fans.

In our household Cathy Cassidy is seen on par with some of the great "young teen girl" writers such as Jacqueline Wilson  (Yes I'm aware that sounded sexist; but it doesn't matter how many boys read Sweet Valley High and how many girls read Dan Dares there are still publishing stereotypes!).


She has recently started doing small giveaways as part of #ProjectPassItOn on her facebook page. Nothing big or showy; a hat, keyring or stationary always a small thoughtful token. My daughter has been faithfully entering every competition, and I have been following her excitement.


I decided to enter as well (double the chance, though I'm not sure if a panda hat is really for me!), and left a small reply to my daughter on the post to let her know. Our house being firmly built on sarcasm, this obviously evolved over several posts and days. It turns out we were amusing my daughters favourite author and she commented as well.

The background squealing when she received a personal reply really made her night, week, month. In fact this may be passed through the generations judging by the excitement. Then the lovely lady herself asked us to message her our address, cue nervous anticipation (always a chance of a restraining order!).

Well the postie arrived with a little parcel, and my daughter turned into a 3 year old on Xmas Day! A Japanese copy of Scarlett along with a lovely bookmark and postcard. A signed book from her favourite author! 








It really made me smile that an author who is obviously very busy, made that special effort to add a personal touch and relate to a fan. 

This I guess is my homage to a great author, tea drinker, cake lover and all round kind person: and my fruitcake of a daughter who deserves nothing less than a number one fan badge.




Cathy Cassidy Facebook page
Cathy Cassidy Blogzine
Box of OMG Review ~ Box 2
Box of OMG Review ~ Box 2 (Second Servings!)
Box of OMG ~ Paradise Wildlife Park Limited Edition!
Box of OMG ~ Box 3
Project Pass It On

No comments:

Post a Comment